The Daniel Boone Area School District Food Services department provides students with quality food and nutrition knowledge, skills, and the values they will need for a healthy body in an ever-changing society. The nutritious meals provided daily meet the recommended dietary allowances for school-age children. The department supports nutrition education and health awareness in the District and participates in community and parent health awareness groups.
- Student meals will contain adequate calories and a variety of foods to support growth, development, and healthy weight.
- Our nutrition standard will be based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the Food Guide Pyramid.
- Student preferences and input will be considered in menu planning since foods must be eaten to provide adequate nutrients.
- Staff development opportunities will be provided for school food and nutrition managers and staff.
- Purchasing practices will ensure the use of high-quality ingredients and prepared products to maximize acceptance.
- We will support Nutrition Education through the Food Services department.
The Daniel Boone Area School District contracts with the Nutrition Group for cafeteria management. For more information, please visit the Nutrition Group’s website by clicking here.