The Daniel Boone Area School District follows a “No Edible Birthday Treat” policy. This means that absolutely no type of edible treat may be sent in to school with your child for birthday celebrations. Any food sent into the school will be held in the office and sent home with your child at the end of the day.
This policy is in conjunction with the school district’s Wellness Policy as well as a proactive approach to reduce incidents of contamination for those children with food allergies.
In light of the change, we will continue to recognize your child’s birthday at school in a special way. Please review the list below of alternative Birthday Celebration ideas. Please let us know if you have any additional ideas that we can add to the list.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation in this new policy.
Alternative Birthday Celebration ideas:
- Parent buys an autograph book and each student and teacher writes something nice about the child
- Lunch with teacher or parent
- A treasure chest full of trinkets for kids to pick
- Birthday child brings in a wrapped gift to share with the class (game/activity). At the end of the school year it can either be donated to the classroom or the birthday child can take it home.
- Gel pens
- Deck of cards (2 or 4 for $1.00 at Dollar stores)
- Post-it notes
- Show & Tell for Birthday Child (share favorite things or baby pictures)