THIS PAGE CONTAINS ARCHIVED INFORMATION FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR. FOR INFORMATION RELATING TO THE CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Blazer Learning Community Parents / Guardians / Caregivers,As we continue to navigate through the pandemic and various levels of instruction, we want to take this time to invite all digital learners back into the building for in-person learning. This option is open to all students for the remainder of this school year. If interested in returning to school this year, please contact the Secretary / Office Staff at your child's school to review the return to in-person learning expectations. We look forward to hearing from you as we continue to do the best we can to educate all learners, while keeping all options available. (Updated 04-21-2021)
Effective Thursday, February 11, 2021, the Daniel Boone Area School District (DBASD) will no longer email notifications regarding confirmed COVID-19 positive cases within our schools. All communications will be updated and posted to this page of the District website. Please click the blue box (Click here to access our COVID-19 Dashboard) on the right-hand side of this page for the most accurate updated information.
The health and safety of the Daniel Boone Area School District is our top priority. In light of the coronavirus outbreak and related concerns raised by the CDC we would like to share with our community some of the steps taken by the school district:
- Soap dispensers are being inspected daily and additional ones will be added as necessary.
- Tissues are in every classroom and extra supplies have been ordered.
- High touch and surface-level cleaning are being emphasized with our cleaning contractors and it is being monitored closely by their supervisors.
- Our cleaning contractors are receiving additional training from our staff on biohazards.
- Hand washing signs have been placed in all bathrooms and classrooms.
- Students are being encouraged to use good hygiene, frequently wash their hands, and avoid touching their faces.
- Our pandemic emergency plans have been reviewed and updated.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
COVID-19 New Travel Order from Pennsylvania Department of Health
Blazer Learning Community Health and Safety Plan
DBASD Health & Safety Plan PDE Attestation Document
Blazer Learning Community Opening 2020/2021 Learning Options
PA DoE AND DoH Determining Instructional Models During COVID-19 Pandemic Recommendations (NEW 8/10/20)
DBASD Blazer learning Community Reopening 2020/2021 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
PDE Guidance Updates
PDE Guidance (*UPDATED 06/11/20 - 4:00 PM) Regarding Athletics
PDE Guidance (*UPDATED 6/5/20 – 8:35 a.m.) Regarding Re-opening of Schools
PDE Guidance (*UPDATED 5/15/20 – 3:40 p.m.) Regarding Commencement Ceremonies 2020:
Decision Making Guidelines
This document contains guidance on our decision-making process regarding our COVID-19 response.