G-Suite (Google Suite) for Education is the leading productivity platform in education, providing cloud-based document collaboration & file sharing, calendar, email, & more. All services are hosted on the Daniel Boone Area School District student domain (myboone.org). The following services are provided to our students:
Gmail: Gmail provides unlimited email storage, highly effective spam filtering, and powerful search. Our students can only email approved domains (their teachers, .edu college/university domains). For safety reasons, they can not email personal email accounts such as gmail.com, outlook.com, etc.
Calendar: Calendar allows easy coordination of work or class schedules, meetings, and events online.
Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides: Our students are able to collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms, and drawings in real-time
Drive: Drive allows users to securely create and as well as upload and share any file type.
- Additional Services: Faculty and students may also take advantage of additional services including Google Forms and Google Classroom (grades K-5).
Student Username Format
Grades 3 - 12:
- Format: first initial + middle initial + last name + 2-digit birth year @ myboone.org
- Example: A student named Ed U. Cayshum who was born in 2006 would have the username email@example.com
Grades K - 2:
- Format: student ID @ myboone.org
- Example: firstname.lastname@example.org