- Daniel Boone Area School District
Daniel Boone Athletics Update and Spectator Guidelines
As we re-start our winter sports season, we would like to explain the processes that will be in place for being able to attend and/or watch our athletic contests this winter season. Our number one goal is to keep everyone as safe as possible during the pandemic while doing everything we can to allow our students to continue to participate in the sports they love. We understand the importance that parents, guardians and family members play in the success of each student-athlete and know that not being able to be present at contests this Winter will not be easy for anyone, but we ask for your cooperation in following the procedures listed below so that our students can still have the chance to compete.
In order to stay within the approved gym capacity limits this season and to be able to safely accommodate both teams, game personnel, and a limited number of home-team family members the following procedures will be in place:
- There will be no spectators (home or away) for scrimmages.
- All opponents this winter season have notified us that they will NOT be able to permit any visiting spectators into any events they host at all levels (this includes DBASD).
- For home events, each student-athlete will be permitted 2 passes for parents and/or guardians.
- Family members will be checked at the door.
- All spectators must wear a mask or face covering that covers the mouth and nose at all times on DBASD property and social distance beyond their family unit. Failure to comply will result in removal from the contest and forfeiture of athletic event attendance for the remainder of the school year.
- Due to roster sizes we will only permit JV families to attend JV games and Varsity parents to attend Varsity games. The gyms will be cleared between games.
- Those attending events should arrive no earlier than 15-min prior to the game. If you are attending the second game of the day, we will not allow entrance until the gyms have been cleared.
- We ask that we safely fill the bleachers across from the benches and will only use the bleachers behind the teams if necessary.
- Once the contests are completed, we ask that you exit the gymnasium and wait for your child in your car or return to pick them up if they stay to observe the second game.
- Due to the nature of bowling alleys being public facilities, there will not be anyone checking rosters at the door. Spectators will be restricted from entering the team areas during the match.
- Admission will not be charged this Winter for family members who are able to attend in-person.
Because of the restrictions in place at all gymnasiums, most schools will be trying to livestream as many contests as possible. Most schools in Berks County will be using either the NFHS Network, YouTube, or Facebook LIVE for high school basketball and wrestling. Some of the livestream options do require a minimum monthly subscription fee while other options are free. All contests held in our High School Gym will be broadcast on YouTube (Blazer Network) or Facebook LIVE. Links to away contests and home contests will be given to the coaches the day prior to be forwarded to student-athlete families. Links can also be found on the Daniel Boone Athletics Twitter account @DBooneBlazers.
Again, we ask for your patience and cooperation in these challenging times. The students and coaches have been doing a fantastic job wearing their masks, distancing when they can, and sanitizing. We recognize that none of this is ideal or easy and we are very proud of the hard work they have put in to stay competing.
If you have any questions about the procedures or livestream information please contact your child’s coach and/or the Athletic Office.