- Daniel Boone Area School District
Daniel Boone Area School District will hold Kindergarten Registration for incoming Kindergarten students for the 2021-2022 school year. This year, we are implementing online registration, where you will need to log in through our website and complete the process electronically (including scanning your documents). Registration is for children who will be five years old before September 1, 2021.
- Please note: the online registration system should be accessed from a desktop or laptop computer, not a mobile device such as a smartphone.
We are planning to offer a half-day kindergarten program for students who are registering to begin kindergarten in the 2020-2021 school year. Like last year, we anticipate offering a few sections of full-day kindergarten classes. Students are selected for full-day kindergarten through our screening process. PLEASE NOTE- Student kindergarten screenings and possible visitations will be scheduled at a later date.
Parents must have the following documents for registration:
- Child's birth certificate – REQUIRED at registration (Passport, baptismal certificate or notarized statement indicating the date of birth are also accepted)
- A copy of the official immunization record signed by your doctor with month, day, & year of each shot – Your child’s doctor will be able to give you a copy of this record - REQUIRED at registration.
- PA State Law requires proof of these immunizations:
- 4 doses of Tetanus and Diphtheria (DTP, DtaP, DT or Td-one dose after 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of Polio (OPV, E-IPV)4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given
- 2 doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR-1st dose given on/after 1st birthday)
- 3 doses of Hepatitus B (Hep B)
- 2 doses of Varicella vaccine
- Completed registration forms
- Your child will need a physical examination and dental check-up. The physical exam form needs to be completed at the five-year check-up.
- Proof of residency
- Sales or lease agreement, utility bill or driver’s license accepted.
- If student and/or family are living with friends or relatives, a notarized statement listing the occupants of the household (including the student/family), signed and dated by the owner of the property is required.
- Original Passport/Visa if not a citizen
- If the child does not live with both biological parents-custody papers indicating “Custodial Parent” or “Guardianship”.
- Any other legal documents
- Special Education, such as IEP, ER, RR, NORA (if applicable)
If you have any questions about your child’s readiness for kindergarten, please contact one of our school counselors: Carrie Berg, School Counselor for students with last names that start with the letters A-L, Daniel Boone Area Primary Center, 610-385-6800, Ext. 4404; OR Celine Crouse, School Counselor for students with last names that start with the letters M-Z, Daniel Boone Area Primary Center, 610-385-6800, Ext. 4309.
If you have any other questions relating to kindergarten registration, please contact our central registrar, Dian Winner at 610-582-6140 Ext. 1156: